McKinney Wedding Photography Articles & Tips
When it comes to celebrating your McKinney area wedding, our Wedding Photographers have the following wedding tips:
Just engaged? Starting to envision your wedding? Want engagement portraits? Wondering about all the things you'll need to do and when? Enjoy these valuable free McKinney Wedding Photography and Wedding Planning Tips:
What to Wear for Your McKinney Engagement Portraits
You want to wear something that you both feel comfortable in and can move around in. For pants, that usually means jeans or khakis. For tops, wear something similar, but not identical.
Pure white shirts are too easy to get overexposed in your shots, so I recommend off-whites -- beige, sky blue, etc. To look nice but open and free, lots of couples like button down the front shirts that can be tucked in or untucked.
Also consider the setting of your engagement photos. Most couples want an outdoor, open park setting, preferably with some water. For McKinney engagement photography, there are some settings, each with a different feel.
• Central McKinney: the parks and gardens in the White Rock Lake area give an open, active and fresh feeling.
• Downtown McKinney: go for the uptown look, dress a little more formal with the feel of buildings and shopping in the Background.
• Out On The Town: I know some great spots that offer both private areas as well as the out-together look.
• North McKinney: there are two very nice outdoor areas, one with large rocks and bridges of streams and fountains, the other with a nature trail and nice white gazebo.
• A Taste of Italy: The Los Colinas canals are a popular choice with cobblestones, bridge over the canal. The stonework and faux window shutters give an endearing European impression.
• Urban: Deep Ellum offers some contemporary settings where gritty graffiti forms the backdrop for your portraits.
Wear solids. Your clothes should not be busy with patterns, stripes and such to distract from you. For the most part, keep the colors light and not overly bright as that too can distract from your loving faces :-)
Your engagement photos are a reflection of you as a couple, so pick wear something that is you and not just something you think will look good in.